Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Sunday

I decided that Sunday will be a good day for juice-fasting. Our doctor recommends doing it once a week to give your digestive tract a break from having to digest food. It feels really good to take a break from eating and get nutrients just from juicing. I did still have my coffee...that will be one big hurdle to cross when I get the nerve to try - I am FOR SURE the ultimate coffee drinker...just love the dang stuff!

Here's my juicing from Sunday (I will try to get more juice in me next time...)
2 C. coffee
10 oz. fresh orange juice
12 oz. fresh grapefruit/apple juice
20 oz. fresh carrot/green pepper/celery/spinach
1 C. hot tea

3 comments:

Janet said...

how did you feel during/after this? hungry? tired? weak? did your stomach growl? I think i would love to try this...especially WITH YOU!

Suz... said...

I felt great. I didn't like sitting at the dinner table while everyone else ate. But other than that I was fine...the next morning I felt normal...thought I would be very hungry. If you really want to do it, then let's do it! :)

Janet said...

YES...I would love to try it...even tho I am a little scared! ; {
And as long as it doesnt interfere with our eating out or drinking wine! But that is just a type of JUICE TOO ISNT IT!!??!